About Me

My photo
Mount Pleasant, SC, United States
Charleston, SC is home to my husband & I along with our dog, Ferris. Cooking is my obsession. Here you will find recipes & pictures of my journey from home cook to executive chef.

Sunday, December 14, 2008

peppermint cupcakes


i braved the baking isle at the walmart for more holiday baking ingredients. it was a zoo: moms not watching the 8 kids they brought with them, shortages of much-desired items, and a rough game of bumper carts...needless to say, i gave up & finished my shopping at publix. sweet publix did not disappoint. my efforts yielded 2 1/2 dozen peppermint cupcakes. yum. expect those at the office tomorrow. there's no way i am letting those sit around the house...i will eat them all!
We did dome taco soup this afternoon. the addition of refried beans & 1/2 cup chicken stock made a huge difference. our homemade hot sauce also played a supporting role. it's not much to look at, but packs huge flavor. tasty leftovers ahead!

No comments: