About Me

My photo
Mount Pleasant, SC, United States
Charleston, SC is home to my husband & I along with our dog, Ferris. Cooking is my obsession. Here you will find recipes & pictures of my journey from home cook to executive chef.

Monday, December 15, 2008


Last night's cupcakes are a thing of the past. There were some weak complaints about trying to watch calories when I brought them to the office today...but there were empty cupcake wrappers on many desks before the 6pm.

White elephant gifts for tomorrow night's party: check. Thank you, Starbucks! Big surprise, I know, we bringing coffee as gifts.

If anyone is looking for a good holiday wine, check out World Market. Virgin's 2006 shiraz has a rating of 98, and is on sale for $7.99. Getcha some! Nathan described it as having a medium body--not too light or too heavy, just right. It's pleasantly dry for something of its price range, with a bit of caramel in the bouquet.

The shiraz goes nicely with Donkey Kong Jenga. Ha. Nathan won this game during a guest spot on the Video Game Outsiders podcast a few weeks ago. Rules are similar to the original version, except that each player is in charge of a Mario who must climb to the top to rescue the princess from DK. The player who knocks over the tower still loses. There were some ballsy moves, but I won in the end. We'll chalk Nathan's loss up to the shiraz, ha ha. He may have been at a disadvantage from the start, not knowing about the many hours spent playing Jenga in the Roberts household. We're getting warmed up for some killer Boom Blox action at Christmas!

F
erris is gearing up to go to the office in full Holiday costume this week. Maybe he'll end up going as Tiny Tim, since he has a hard time walking straight in the reindeer suit. He got quite a reception as Rudolph yesterday when we went to visit his daddy at work, spreading cheer to the baristas working on a hectic Sunday morning. Hopefully our little guy will gain the same celebrity status here that he enjoyed back at the 'Bucks in the Columbiana Mall. Doesn't he look excited?

1 comment:

McTwigans! said...

Oh, Pallen-Dog, you so silly with all yous clothes. I wish I worked in your office. Peppermint cupcakes sound awesome! So did that taco soup. I will have to get your recipe from you sometime. But not until after I have some sweet time to cook. Oh, I got my schedule and as of right now, I don't work tuesday-thursday of next week, so hopefully we will be able to make it up there Christmas Eve. Call me tonight, I don't work. (But I may be asleep!)